Call us today! 804-288-0033
10043 Midlothian Turnpike, 1st Floor, Richmond, VA 23235Like us on Facebook
Questions & Answers
What is home health care?
Home health care is a cost-effective option for receiving health care services. Returning to one’s home and family can quicken recovery and improve the quality of life for both patient and family or caregiver.
Why choose home health care?
Home health care is a service that permits patients to receive personalized health care, maintaining their quality of life, in the privacy and comfort of their homes.
Who pays for home health care?
Most health insurance companies, HMOs, PPOs and Workers Compensation cover home health care. In addition, Medicare and Medicaid pay for home care services. Some insurance providers do not cover all home health services. Our staff will verify your available health coverage benefits.
What criteria are required for Medicare to approve services?
The following criteria are used to meet Medicare requirements:
- The patient is a Medicare recipient.
- The patient must be homebound. This is defined by Medicare as “normal inability to leave the home and that leaving the home requires considerable and taxing effort”.
- The skilled care must be medically necessary as determined by the physician.
What if I have a problem at night or on the weekend?
We have registered nurses on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Do I need a physician’s order for home health care?
Yes, all health care provided in the home occurs under direct order and supervision of the patient’s physician.
What types of services can be provided at home?
Many medical conditions that previously required hospitalization can safely be treated in the home. Home care services may include but are not limited to:
- Observation and assessment of conditions
- Patient and family education of disease processes or new diagnoses
- Management and evaluation of the patient's plan of care
- Medication education and management
- Post hospital care
- Post surgical care
- Dressing changes
- Wound Care
- Ostomy Care
- Home safety education
- Catheter care
- IV therapy
- Orthopedic care
- Diabetic care
- Cardiac and Respiratory care
- Pain Management
- Psychiatric Nursing care
For answers to questions not answered here
For more information about our home health care services, please contact Robyn Wandrick, RN, President and CEO, by calling (804) 288-0033 or emailing .